Report Abuse

Re: Resale companies that charge NO UPFRONT FEES

Just updating this company Paradise Timeshare Resale in Lake Tahoe NV. They sold the timeshare resale part of the company couple years ago to a Tug member but I have no idea if this made the company any better. We used this company with no results four years ago and it only cost us time wasted of one year and many phone calls asking me to lower my price again and again. Main problem I had was the fee was $2000 if sold which was high and the owner of the company set the price at $5000 after explaining the pricing to me and I agreed before signing up for the year then from first week a sales lady wanted me to drop it to $4500 and under cut other owners. I pulled the unit after the one year and lowering to $3000. I raised the price back to the $5000 last five months of the contract and told the sales lady no more lowering my price. We sold the unit four months after our contract ended with this company. We sold it for $2500 while up for July 4th week to another owner. The difference I see is upfront scam companies take your money and not sell it and these companies only take the money after sale so you can just waste time. If you as a buyer look at the ads you would see something like a two bedroom at ===resort for $2700. If you understand how these companies work you would see owner getting $700 and resale company getting $2000. Buying from a owner way better deal and this goes for seller too! Selling it with the help of our resort {Doing paper work} put the $2500 in our pockets and not the resales company. If you do the math the resale owner told us it was worth $5000 and lady agent first week tells us to list it for $4500 and under cut other owners. I'm sure this was said to every owner and not just us. Under cut the price forced others to also lower their price as these companies just want to unload the unit and get their fee. When you subtract the $2000 fee we get $2500. At end of seventh month of contract we had lower listing to $3000 which would have been $1000 in my pocket and $2000 in theirs. The sales lady we dealt with called us twice in first three months claiming to have a friend that would pay $2000 for our unit which would have left us with $000 and them with $2000. Your better off selling it yourself. As I have stated many times the best place and time to sell is when on your vacation at your resort and just talking to others about selling your unit. If they like your resort they will gladly talk to a owner over the sales dept. We sold the one unit couple years ago at the resort bar after having dinner at the resort restaurant and now only have our even year unit. Since our DD moved to Dallas few years ago and now having a girl in Feb we would rather visit with them instead of sitting in a timeshare for a week. We decide to list our last week (Even Year) unit with the resort for 2014 and already have July 4th week reserved. If they sell it fine if not we will be there for our July 4th holiday and try and have DD and family fly up. We could also rent it as we did July 4th week a few years ago for $1400 as this is one of the biggest holidays of the year in Lake Tahoe. I would think most states around timeshares would also have this kind of company. I do think these companies would get many owners to sign up it they charged a fair price like a thousand dollars giving the owners more money but with this deal I would never tell a owner to use any company like this. PHIL