Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

[Q=clatrn] DRI converted my ILX week to points without my approval. I did not pay to convert them. Of course my MF has also more than doubled. I was hoping there was some way to get out of it due to the conversion without my approval but doubt it. I have always been a believer in TS and have had many awesome vacations but DRI has now changed that. I just stayed @ a DRI resort (free week because they charged my credit card twice for last MF). I did attend the talk so find out about all the changes. They actually wanted me to trade in another week I own with a $250 MF for their outrageous priced points ($1276).[/Q] First, DRI cannot convert your property to points unless you sign paperwork agreeing to do so. What you may have seen is your unit's worth in points. However, that does not mean you are a member of DRI's Club. So unless you have signed someting acknowledging a conversion, you still have your unit as you did before as a weeks owner. Secondly, I read on TUG (tug2.net) that DRI had mistakenly charged owners who had prepaid their MF before January 1st twice in error. So I would suggest you check to see if that happened to you and call DRI to fix it.