Report Abuse

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

[Q=davek194] Jayjay-Thanks for the response and apologies for my comment. Yes, it does appear that Westgate will give WDIL's in most cases of non-payment of the loan, but not without a fight. Usually they use their own in-house collection agency (ICA) first, but when this fails they will offer a WDIL (with a negotiable fee attached of typically $250+). It usually takes about 12-18 months of non-payment and coleections harassment before this happens. Part of the reason they use this approach is due to the way their loans are structured - very high interest rates using money from third parties - not a conventional mortgage and not from the banks. I guess for this reason they choose not to report payment history (either good or bad) to the credit agencies. Since PH in Las Vegas has been sold by WG to Hilton, Hilton is apparently proceding in a similar manner.[/Q] I have a timeshare @ The Grandview & El Dorado Resorts is offering a WDIL and says if I pay the quoted settlement amount they will cancel the mortgage and remove it from my credit report. I haven't done anything yet because I figured it was a way to get a response and if I paid it they wouldn't really contact and remove it from the credit bureaus. What do you think? Know of anything about Grandview and/or ElDorado Resorts Corp? If I don't then formal default proceedings will be taken & may obtain a deficiency judgment against me. Thoughts/opinions?? I mean I'm not sure what to do because I don't know if I can round up what they are even asking for. I lost my job in 2008 after my husband passed away from cancer then I also lost my house and am still unemployed with health issues. Things have been hard since he died and I tried working it out with them awhile ago after he died but they wouldn't. Now they want to when I have nothing. Again, Thoughts/opinions??