Report Abuse

Re: Does anyone know.....is moon palace ONLY an all inclusive?

I think many folks miss the point of the whole Palace "experience"; Moon Palace particularly. We bought the Presidential package. 100 weeks. That was six years ago. The "free" weeks they provide for whatever price you pay, covers the All Inclusive fee, and if you are clever enough, you can get airfare and other perks included. We got four free all inclusive weeks for two couples, free golf, four round trip airfares for one couple, and lots of spa credits. I also own at Hilton's West 57th in New York city and several Silverleaf properties. I like them all! I think the conclusion I have drawn is that buying timeshares is NOT an investment. Rather, it provides you access to vacation spots that are much bigger and much nicer than hotels. Palace Resorts, as far as I am concerned, is 100% 5 star and the service is impeccable. But... after you use up your free weeks, you pay mightily for the all inclusive. In high season, probably just above $200 per person per day. But considering there are NO maintenance fees, subtract $700-$1200 a year from the $1400 or $1500 a week you will pay per person for comparison purposes when looking at other timeshares. By comparison, we often stay at Velas Vallarta (on the other coast in Puerto Vallarta) where the prepaid all inclusive fee is $90 a day through RCI in high season. Beautiful grounds and right on the beach. Not the Moon Palace with a dozen restaurants, but really, very, very nice with just two restaurants. By the way... the best tour we took in Cancun with Moon Palace or any of their other Palace resorts (and there are plenty to choose from) was the kitchen tour believe it or not! They have a very large, hurricane proof building near the Moon Palace, where they prepare the bulk of their food for all of the dozen or more Palace resorts in the greater Cancun and Mayan Riviera area. Next favorite was Chicheneza (pronounced like Chicken Pizza) and then Tulum. And yes, these are all included in the all-inclusive price. Do I have any regrets about buying? Occasionally, but after spending a week or two at any of them and I am one happy camper (or should I say time-sharer). I hate camping. Another good reason to own a time share!