Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

I own at two sister resorts. Cypress Pointe and Grand Villas (formerly phase II or cp grand villas). The former is in control of the homeowners and is managed by VRI and the latter the developer still has some control and is managed by DRI. Both places have had their maintenance fees increase over the years, but each resort is well maintained and managed, although I will say tha GV has a little edge right now. Surprisingly the maintenance fees are slightly higher at CP (around 910 vs 840 for 3BR), but GV has a higher club point value (9000 I think). The maintenance fees and taxes stayed about the same from previous year, although the reserve amount went up. Does anyone know how this compares to the points maintenance fees or other club resorts? Another difference is I get free internet and free newspaper at GV that I don't get at CP which is a perk of it being managed by DRI. I also was looking on this message board to see if I wanted to convert weeks into points, but since I'm sure it would probably mean converting points into the trust, I am no longer interested, so I appreciate everyones comments. For those that have deeded weeks converted into points, but still own a deeded week, do you know what it would take to take them back out of the club? Again, sorry to hear about all the problems with the trust and point thing. I guess just try and enjoy it and get the most out of it what you have . Book as soon as you can for high demand and take advantage of resorts in low demand which are discounted. If you want more weeks, I suggest you contact a resort and pick up a week from an owner or ebay or wherever at a resort you like or one that you can bank into RCI and get the most point value from. Stick with deeded ones that you can control and leave to your heirs or sell. Good luck and keep posting about the lawsuit. I am interested in seeing what happens.