Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Rental

[Q=wendyo53] Isn't Redweek a third party, sort of? Our sales person at a timeshare presentation used redweek as an incentive for us to buy a lock off unit. His suggestion was to choose a desireable resort and high demand week and exchange our unit for that. Once we get our certificate, he said we can list the week for rent through Redweek. He saidmthey will findmus a renter and showed us his emails from Redweek, regarding his units. once they have a renter, he submits their name to II for a guest certificate. But one letter here says that is illegal to do through Interval International. If that is true, we were misled and he is advising illegal activity in his presentation. Does anyone know the facts about this and where I can find them? We still have 9 days to cancel our purchase. [Q=carols725] Usually a third party will upsell plus I know my resort I can only request the rental, and have the resort put on the names of the renters. I would ask him who it would be for and get a contact number for the party so that you can confirm who is renting. This way you will know if he is going to upsell it for a profit. Why should someone else make a profit off of your rental. I know it gives you your rent, but redweek is not there to supply third parties. Redweek has a good name and is known to be good to deal with. If we let third parties rent out from us, we do not know there business ethics. I know this sounds little, andyou may think, why not if your getting your money for your unit. It is the principle of it all. I have had a couple of differant people in the past contact me for the same reason, they want it for less than what you are listing it for. They want you to sign a contract wtih them that gives them the right to rent it out. They have there own rental contract.So, you do not have the renters name, and yes your dealing with a third party. I know I was not comfortable with what I read on their forms they sent me to look over, they were very pusy about moving quickly ahead with it. They have not contacted me again, I let them know I was not interested. Each resort has it rules on renting, I would check them too. My resort has my name on the confirmation saying that the renter is a guest of mine(renter) so a third party is not going to want your name on it if they are renting it out and making a profit. Having you name on it the resort knows your the owner and have given the permission for it to be rented, otherwise the resort may not let the third parties renters use the unit. Good luck[/Q][/Q] No, Redweek is not a third party .... it is merely an ad site for Buying, Selling or Renting your timeshare or your points .... nothing more nothing less .... much like your local newspaper's classifieds.