Report Abuse

Fairmont Rancho Banderas Time Share Fraud

@annetter48 & wendyc62- Our 1200 points at Rancho have been on the market (about $400+ to some Time-Share sales outfit to try to sell it for us), for about 8 months now. Our "asking" price has been MINUS $100 for the past 3 or 4 months, with no offers. That's right, we would PAY a "buyer" $50.00 per each 600 point contract (we have 1200 points total) to actually take over our contract, sign a Property Return Agreement or whatever else to make it official, and take over the maintenance fees with total ownership, and we haven't heard a word from anyone! Does that convince everyone of the real value of a Rancho Timeshare Contract??? If not, what would it require to convince everyone that the value of a Rancho Timeshare Contract is actually NEGATIVE. The only thing I'm not sure of, is how much one would have to PAY someone to take the Rancho contract off your hands!! I would guess the answer would be several years maintenance fees! Dave Anderson, Prineville, Oregon [Q=wendyc62] Yes we tried to sell through paying $399 fee to Timeshare Resale companies. Two different ones. listed with the Real Estate firm that doesn't make you pay upfront. We also posted on RedWeek, and similar time share sites and ads in the newspapers and craiglist, on the Forum for Rancho. We tried to sell for two years and before our second year dues were up, we just didn't want to be sued by rancho and they were relentless. We hoped to get something, we tried to sell for just $1,000 for all those platinum points. NOTHING... we got nothing. [Q=wendyc62] We paid $50K and tried to sell our Platinum time, to no avail. We never received the cash back and we did everything including paying off the resort and pre paying often. Very sad. We loved Rancho, but the owners were not ever playing fair. To book I paid two years in advance, and continually asked for a certain unit with the whirlpool. We NEVER got it. We were one of the first owners at Rancho, and the owners always used all the premium units. We suffered the loss of our business, and tried to pay minimally for a bit on our dues, and it was not acceptable. I felt so wronged because they needed our help when they asked us to pay in full for our units, and in advance for our maintenance fees and we did. But their increases were criminal, none of our other units in Provodenciales, Turks and Caicos, Nassau, Bahammas or St. Thomas ever raised so dues so much. Very sad. [Q=annetter48] Did you try to sell? That is what I am trying to do and want to know what you ran into......Annette[/Q][/Q][/Q]