Report Abuse

Re: Am Considering in joining RCI (points system)

[Q=mecj] [Q=carols725] Just curious, how is the rental agreement going for you for the place you rented for March 2013. I hope it is a positive process for you.[/Q] Well, considering that its half now and half when its time to take the vacation. I guess its OK. These folks also have several listing on eBay for timeshares and other businesses like antiques. And they seem to have an overall positive review. So am hoping for the best, but I'll reserve my judgement until the trip in March :-) [/Q] Hi All, Just wanted to update you all on what got this particular topic started. I just came back from my stay at the Wyndham’s Glacier Canyon Resort. As noted on previous posting, I got this timeshare through (http://www.glaciercanyon.net) since there were none here at RedWeek at the time. I was a bit nervous since it was my first time booking a timeshare, especially with people I never heard of. The details of the contract are also in the previous posting. I Paid $699 for the total stay with no additional fees or taxes. This is about half the price of what I would have paid if I book the same 3 bedroom suite directly from the resort site on the same exact days. Well, am happy to report that all went smoothly. The Resort was as nice as the pictures showed. It was a nice size 3 bedroom, plenty of room for my family of 5. We could have had up 10 people in the suite. It was nice to have a full kitchen (it helped save some money on eating out all the time – at least for breakfast and Lunch). The only downside was that my kids are still too young to fully take advantage of all what the resort has to offer. One kid is 4 yrs old and the twins are only 15 months Old. But I loved that I didn’t have to bring anything for the kids other than their clothes. The resort brought up 2 play pens and 2 high chairs for me. If you travel with little ones, you know that’s a HUGE space saver on road trips. We will definitely stay here again, perhaps when the kids are much older. As for the my original thoughts of joining RIC or Wyndham Points System (or any other timeshare system for that matter) – I think I will just continue to rent timeshares from people on this site (and other sites). That will give me the extra flexibility without the additional stress of having a payment due every month.