Report Abuse

The Villa Group (Villa Del Palmar - Mexico) BEWARE

[Q=bradm170] I'd be very grateful for any assistance you could give me in dealing with this type of situation. Like so may others I to have been snookered into a time share.[/Q] Have you passed your rescission period (anywhere from 3-10 days)? If not, then exercise your right of rescission and get to it immediately. If you have passed it, then you now own it. Now that you own it, you're probably going to be getting a lot of phone calls or see a bunch of Google ads claiming they can magically get you out of your timeshare if you pay them a large fee. Don't fall for any of these! There are ways you can make good use of your timeshare. Remember, there had to be something good about it for the salesperson to have convinced you to shell out thousands of dollars for it. I know they lie and exaggerate the facts but still, you must have seen something good in it. If you no longer want it, make sure that all maintenance fees, taxes, assessments, and mortgages are paid off or else no one will want to take it from you --- No One! Do not pay any entity a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as these are all scams. Try to advertise it for sale here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"), Bidshares, etc. Make sure you price it right. If you see that your timeshare has practically zero resale value, then advertise through these mediums that you just want to give it away.