Report Abuse

NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

I know your post was two years ago, but I did find out that you can do that. All I had to do was specifically tell them that, due to hardship, I need to "give it back". They sent me paperwork to fill out and I will no longer have to pay maintenance fees. The loan is another story. A lawyer told me that I can default (not pay), and if I truly am low income, they can't touch me (disability income only). They can try, and make my life miserable for a long time, then they will give up and a "charge off" will show on the credit report. Bad, but I can't afford credit, anyway. He said it was less harmful to my score than a bankruptcy, and since I owe no other debt, I should just stop paying it. This is only if you don't care about your credit score. I have not decided yet, but I am getting rid of the other, which will save about $500/year right away ; ) Faith [Q=sabrinat4] Hello, I need some assistance with knowing what can the timeshare companies do ( WYNDHAM LAS VEGAS) if you're in need to turn the timeshare(s) back in. We've had it for 5 years ( even and odd years) and due to finances we can't afford it any longer. I just want to make sure that 1. they can't garnish our wages and 2. ruin our credit for ever. Can you please inform what will happen. We just can no longer afford it. Its either mortage and other bills or timeshare. Timeshare is the decision because we can't live in it. Its a luxury. HELP PLease!!! Sabrina[/Q]