Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

[Q=katherinem161] VIDA SCAM, GRAND MAYAN RIVIERA 1/14/2013 TIMESHARE PURCHASE We were in a bait and switch, also: "we will mail you these copies of contract, too heavy to carry on airplane." was the exact phrase last spoken to us from the VIDA sales staff. We are high end elite premier status with Hilton Timeshare. We explained we did not have means to purchase more. Well , they supposedly bought back the Hilton and would rent our enormous purchase with them to golfers for 10 years, essentially paying the note for $56,000 off :then profit for us for 5 years! In return they would provide 4 annual weeks for this deal for 10 years. All without fees or taxes. Dalia Venckauskas from Vida ( Grand Mayan Riveria) was so nice she got us into the LUXE for the remainder of our stay as the "BACK TO THE CARRIBIAN' time share "come on people' lead us to accommodations fit only for cattle without the need for morning coffee or even a coffee pot . When I awaken at 4 AM I really need the coffee. Dalia even bought us coffee cups and a pound of nice ground coffee! Well to summarize: $795.00 BACK TO THE CARRIBEA $ 28,837.0O DOWN PAYMENT ON 8 MASTER SUITS. $ 1839.00 FEB AND MARCH PAYMENT ON 8 MASTER SUITS WITH $ 86,514 BALANCE DUE. HILTON ??? NO RETURN OF PROPERTY, I AM THE OWNER OF THIS TOO! We were naturally credited for the value of our Hilton and continue to pay on it. ( 2 -2 BDR Kings Land HI, and 2- 1 BDR Myrtle Beach SC ) Looks like the company acquires the property does a write off for devaluation, uses the credits and pays sales people a lot of money to lie through their teeth. We even had to practice for the recording: when asked could you afford this property; I said NO not unless you buy Hilton and give us the $1800.00 a month as the golfers will be using this. We were told only to say YES. We were compliant. We are simple people from Oklahoma and could appreciate a resort vacation in a nice location. I don't know how to proceed. Is there anything that can be done. I still have no contract and have no numbers to get in contact with VIDA at the Grand Mayan. Riviera. I also don't understand the telephone number system to dial to Mexico from Oklahoma. You have my permission to post this as a notice to other people who may be inflicted with deception in Mexico. Perhaps the VIDA groupo Mayan people will see fit to make this right. I will indeed advertise and may be provided with 16 weeks a year in which I can personally speak to prospective clients of VIDA while enjoying a nice resort. I wake up early; except not in the case of bait and switch as presented by GrupoMayan and its affiliates. P:S: Did receive email from Grand Myan, we still own Hilton, bought big in Mayan, and nope... no golfers. If anyone on earth has the same misfortune and is so stupid, please get ahold of us, we have 6 month a year to time share now and would like to be entertained by others like us.[/Q] You need to file a complaint with PROFECO (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico) ..... you can google for contact info.