Report Abuse

Mystic Dunes now managed by Diamond Resorts

yes I do. I own 2 units here and do not recommend that you buy them from the resort because they are much more expensive than if you buy them directly from the owner like myself. The dues and maintenance have gone up every year and there are late penalties and interest on late payments because the maintenance has to be paid by January 1st to get the price they tell you if its late there is a $25 late penalty plus about $20 interest every month you have not paid it in full. The positive side is the resort is great, the people working there are great, and the amenities are great. It is one of the few resorts that do have transportation free to the parks but you must abide by their schedule. It is now managed by Diamond Resorts and they always want to upgrade you to points for a lot of money, if you have a floating week you are good. [Q=karenn177] I am in the process of purchasing a timeshare at Mystic Dunes. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any concerns about maintenance fees being increased or if there are any special assessments happening, especially due to the transfer in ownership of the resort.[/Q]