Report Abuse

Re: TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

[Q=scally] I think that's what I said, how would you force it on someone? If you have a good timeshare, and there are some in Mexico, some company will take it and rent it till it's sold, they are getting it for free. All they need to get is the maintenance until it's sold. I stayed at some really nice places there. A bad timeshare is a persons nightmare.[/Q] You said, "some company will take it and rent it til it's sold" ..... do you realize how many timeshare resorts and units there are in MX? It's not a given that all MX timeshares can be rented by any entity, much less a company that says they guarantee they can rent it .... this is how scams start. You were evidently looking for a particular resort rental and timeframe, which some company may have provided but I can guarantee you that ALL the rentals in their inventory were not rented. I do agree with you that renting a timeshare in MX in this economy is more preferrable than buying, BUT you can't put all rental entities in one category.