Report Abuse

Re: Meritage Management > New company wanting to buy your time share

I am ashamed to say that I really fell for this SCAM!! This happened one year ago and I wish I had seen this chain. I can't believe I really fell for this scam. We went through all the same steps that everybody has described. We wired funds to a bank in Mexico and after that we never heard from them again. Meritage Management and Silver Start disappeared. Never answered our calls or emails again. We tried to retrieve the wired funds with NO success via our bank. I'm ashamed at myself for believing them. I tried to do research online and we did not find anything about scams. I wonder if we were one of the first ones targeted. We did not, however, contact the government to check up on addresses, etc. I would join anybody in a Class Action Lawsuit if there is enough of us. I doubt that we would get our money back, but this would be an attempt to prevent them and other scammers from doing this to others. -------------------------------------- Now, the reason for my post was to share our experience and also share that I have receive a call from another gentleman from INT Network Transfers. He indicates that he has a client that was buying the timeshare for us, but Meritage Management disappeared. They are representing the client who still wants to buy the condo, or just needs authorization from us to get they money that they deposited in an escrow account returned. They have sent me an agreement to sign with "an exclusive right to complete" the transaction. What is really scary to me, is that he knows exactly our agreed contract amount with Meritage Management, and the amount that was wired to Mexico (which apparently his client pre-paid). Does anybody know about this company or has had similar contact from them?