Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

The saga continues. As I stated in earlier posts I had hired my own Mexican Lawyer to deal with these crooks. My Lawyer is prosecuting Belaire/Hotel U on three levels simultaneously. (PROFECO, Criminaly, Civily) the first hearing was scheduled for April 04 with PROFECO. Naturally Belaire/Hotel U did not show. PROFECO assessed them a 5,000 peso penalty. I'm told this penalty is assigned to the Mexican equivalent of our IRS to collect. I'm also led to believe that they are equally as aggressive as our IRS. PROFECO also ordered a second hearing for next month (May). I have a 4 pg response from PROFECO with further details. My Lawyer has petitioned the court for a hearing both Civilly and criminally. We have not heard back as of yet. As well I too am receiving phone calls from some phony agency in Mexico City pretending to be an arm of the Mexican Government who is going after Belaire/Hotel U and Antonio Copola. They went on to say that Copola has been arrested and is in jail. I have asked my Lawyer to check this out and confirm if that statement is in fact true or false. He told me that he would confirm by the end of next week. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.