Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Vacation Club point system

[Q=marks1322] Cant belive all the negatives. We are legacy owners at Ocean Pointe. Two weeks two bedrooms ocean front. We joined DC right away and bought 2250 pts. Our weeks are worth 3750 pts each. We can trade for 90000 Marriott pts. Flexibility is amazing. We lock off sometimes and get back 4 weeks from Interval- often trading a studio and getting back a 2BR. Short stay exchange gets us two 6 night trips back for one locked off 1BR. We end up with no less than 6 wks of vacation every year- and it is always at premiere resorts. The value cant be beat- approx. 3600 in maintenance fees for 6 wks vacation in one and two BR villas. How can u beat that? If you r complaining- you must not understand how to use your timeshare to max benefit. We do and we are cheerleaders for the DC system. Im planning on buying 1000 more points next week- but I will hold our until I get at least 200000 Marriott Points![/Q] Marks1332, I agree that there are many positives. If you're not a Marriott salesman, you sure do sound like one. I like the DC program as well, but you have to admit that those points are very expensive. Yes, it may be $3600 for maintenance fees, but to get 2250 points, you had to pay over $20,000 when it first became available in 2010. The 1000 more you want to buy will be in excess of $10,000 and your maintenance fees will increase. Like I said, I like the DC program, but buying the points are expensive. The best way to decrease the price per point is with the purchase of a resale and purchase of points from Marriott, or just buy resale. However, if I wanted to save some money and I were you, I would just rent the points for when I need them and then I could save on annual maintenance fees and the overhead. I believe there are many more knowledgeable people of the DC program on tiimeshare users group than on this site. You can go there and find many more positvie people who are aware of the nuances of the DC program than here.