Report Abuse

Re: renting timeshares

[Q=kathyv27] If i book this popular week at a resort using my points. Is the resort going to allow someone other than myself to stay at the resort using this reservation without me having to purchase a guest certificate through RCI. Thats what I am trying to do is minimize my costs. I will automatically have to pay 159.99 for the transaction fee and I was trying to think of a way to avoid the Guest Certificate fee.[/Q] Did you deposit your points with RCI and are looking for an exchange to rent out .... if so, rentals of deposited and exchanged weeks are not allowed with RCI. The guest certificate is for gifts to friends and/or family and you can't make a profit from such ..... the only reimbursement to you (from your family member or friend) would be the exchange fee and guest certificate fee. However, if RCI is not involved in any way (it's not a deposit and exchange) then you can book the week at any RCI points resort you so choose and rent it out. At least that's the way I see it .... the key words here are deposited and exchanged.