Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

Jon....if you haven't signed any paperwork and accepted ownership of the timeshare you don't have to take on the obligation of always increasing maintenance fees and assessments. No one can force you to take the inheritence. I gave back two timeshares to my home reorts two years ago because my life has changed and I was longer going to be able to travel as much and didn't want the obligation anymore. If you read through these forums you will see that many owners just want out of their maintenance fees and some are willing to pay just to have someone else take them over. Vacation clubs are always changing the rules and they always favor the corporations that own them. Getting an exchange for a desireable location is difficult to say the least. I'm glad to see that you came into the forums for advice. I'm sure others will comment and I hope you use their information wisely making your decissions. I have owned timeshares for over twenty years and have seen the industry change. Unfrotunately the change is not in the best interest of the timeshare owners. I also belong to the National Timeshare Owners Association. It's an organization that represents timeshare owners interests. Membership also comes with a suscription to Timesharing Today. It's a great newsletter that discusses the pros and cons of ownership. It's a neutral venue for owners to share their experiences. Again it was refreshing to see someone ask questions before jumping into a lifetime obligation. Good luck.