Report Abuse

Beware of Vacation Class S.A. de C.V. (advertising The Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Grand Mayan, Vida Vacations, VidaSales and more).

We recently had a wonderful vacation at the Grand Mayan. However, our first full day there included almost 5 hours of high pressure sales. "Gabby" at the front desk had previously assured us at we would only spend 45 minutes there. She stated that because we are already timeshare owners, there would be no need for more information. It was my perception that this presentation was only to let us know about a class action suit and give us orientation to the resort for this stay. (Similar to what Marriott does at Desert Springs). Because we had been offered a free 1-week vacation for ourselves and another one for our friends who were our guests, we stayed so we could get our week. That turns out to be a coupon. When I called the number on the coupon, the guy says, you must have had this for awhile, like over 2-3 months, right? I said no, we had it only for about 2 weeks. Then he says, it does not activate for 3-4 business weeks. So if it does work at all, there is a very narrow timeframe in which you can even check on the free vacation week. For all consumers, this is a lovely resort, but follow what has previously been stated, and avoid the presentation at all costs.