Report Abuse

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

My husband and I have Wyndham points and would like to sell them. Where would you suggest selling them, also what would 154,000 points go for in the open market? You said make sure you speak to the right people at the resort if you decide to deed back your timeshare. Who would be the right people to speak to? Our timeshare is paid off and our maintenance fees are current. Thank You. [Q=donp196] It can't hurt to do a little exploring. I read an article in Timesharing Today that suggested calling the home resort and asking if they will take it back through a deedback. It's important that you state your case properly. I informed them that I was going to rid myself of the timeshares with or without their assistance. They both agreed to take them back with just a quit claim deed. I just had to be current with my maintenance fees and assessments. I just had to pay the following years taxes and a nominal fee to transfer the deeds. Make sure you get the right party at the resort that deals with these matters. It worked for me. I also heard that Wyndham points have value. You might be able to sell them on the open market. Good luck.[/Q]