Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I own 2 "Gold" weeks. These are full weeks, but I can only book two weekends. There are no other booking restrictions except I cannot book over January 1. I bought them in 2003. I paid a little less than $50,000 for these two weeks. I have only been able to use the weeks a few times, back in 2003 and 2004 and I think in 2005. Ever since then I have not been able to book any time that meets my schedule. For a few years, I was able to book my weeks in advance. I did this by paying my fees early, and booking my weeks for Thanksgiving week. I thought it would be an easy week to sell on Ebay, but in several years I only sold one week. It was so much trouble to do this, and with such a poor result (selling only one week in several years) that I gave up on this. My fees, for two Gold weeks, are $4,779.96 for 6/28/13 to 6/28/14. I have always paid this months in advance, as this part of the scam (and this whole deal is one huge scam) allowed me to begin booking past my current year, which starts every June 28. After several years of this, for the first time, I have not paid the fees. It is hard to pay this every year when I get nothing in return, Now they say they are about to send me to a collection agency. They must be having one big problem collecting their fees. Who wants to pay money for nothing? But I do not want the hassle, nor do I want a bad mark against my credit score, which is about as high as is possible. So, now, I am going to deed my weeks back to these thieves. On top of that, I have to pay the $4779.96 fees, which cover the period of 6/28/13 to 6/27/14, almost a year in advance, to get them to do this deal. But I do not want to continue paying these fees, year after year, for absolutely nothing. And, when I die, I would imagine that my estate will have to continue paying these fees. It will never end. In conclusion, after reading many of the comments on this blog, any resolution to this, through a law suit, attorney general, etc., is far fetched, and a long way off. I think it is better for me to just eat my original investment, the current fees, and be rid of this, and that is what I am going to do right now.