Report Abuse

2013 Special Assessment For Hollywood Beach Tower Owners.

Hi there, I also am very upset and quite irritated about this. I have been trying to sell my week for about a year now. I have spoken with HBT and SPM multiple times about just deeding it back to them (it is paid off and I have never been late with a payment), but they said (and I received in writing) that they do not do that and that I would have to go to an outside source. Today I was told on the phone that they do not have an outlet to sell them because these is not a market for their property. The people were very condescending and I was on hold for over 8 minutes when asked to speak to someone about fees. I did find a company that will buy the unit (dispose of it) and they rent out the units then. they require that the unit assessments and maint fees be paid in full, plus pay them to take the unit off my hands. I'd be looking at about $2800. I bought the unit 19 yrs ago when I was in a very different financial situation. I now work part time and have a 19 month old. I have put my maint fees on credit card for the past 2 years and like I said, have been trying to sell it. I just don't see how they can force us to keep something for us to "try to sell on our own" when they know they do not have a resale market. With SPM renting out on a nightly and weekly basis rooms, I also disagree with us having to pay for the complete renovation. I have a phone call into my attorney to see what can be done. I have already offered to sign over my deed for SPM to have it back, but they said no. That does not make sense to me because if I choose not to pay the assessment and maintenance fees going forward, it will be sent to collections, where they will foreclose on the unit (fine by me). HBT and SPM are not willing to negotiate. ANY useful advice anyone has I would greatly appreciate. Thank you KImberly Rios