Report Abuse

Re: IA Vacations/ American Timeshare Closings

I cannot believe these people are still in business! A few years ago, I listed 2 timeshares for sale with IA Vacations. They sent me a contract which I signed and received a signed one in return. They talk a good game on the phone but not a word that comes out of their mouth is the truth. To make a very long story somewhat short, they sold the timeshares and never let me know, forging my signature on the deed. They owed me $22,000.00...did they think I was just going to walk away without a fight. And fight I did. I sent registered letters to every office of authority in the State of Tennessee. I actually tracked down the new owner of my timeshare and they were appalled to think they might not actually own the property due to fraud. No one from the Attorney General's office bothered to make a call. However, the local sheriff's office did and it was because of him that we were able to get our money. After going back and forth with IA, the sheriff sent one of his detectives to AI's office and he waited there until they wrote the check and put it in the mail. It took almost a year of haggling and threatening to get what was owed, but I did get it! Persistance is the key...never stop...keep after them until they pay. I actually had someone contact me because I posted my telephone number in case anyone wanted to call me. They were owed $6,000 and told me it was just too much trouble to collect it...didn't want to pay attorney fees, etc. You don't need an attorney...act on your own! This is what these bottom feeders count on...making it difficult enough for you to engage them in a fight and then you just plain give up. Don't give up...keep after them! Good Luck to all of you who continue to fight!