Report Abuse

2013 Special Assessment For Hollywood Beach Tower Owners.

I actually go rid of my unit. Cost me nearly $3000, talked to a lot of people that are untrustworthy, and finally found a real place that I could dispose of it to they put it to good use. First of all, I talked to Donate for a Cause and numerous places I found on the internet. Donate for a Cause was not interested at all, except to send me to a broker. Lots of places I spoke to are horrible. You pay then about $1000 and they transfer it to them and they get foreclosed on and then they close their company a few months later. Not cool Then I found The Timeshare Company in Waunakee, WI. This place is within about 30 minutes of my home, so I figured if they messed me over I could deal with them in the same county court. They say they take the timeshares from people and they use them to rent to corporate rentals. I had to pay all of the maintenance fees in full up front, as well as about $1200 to them. I did get notice from FL that the deed was transferred and called SPM to confirm. They did. The reason I did it this way is because I spoke to two attorneys that pretty much said the same thing...by not paying, it will ruin your credit score and haunt you forever. It's like a cancer...it's not worth anything positive and it won't go away. These timeshare companies can sell us rights to use their property, but then you are locked into their rules even though your "rights" aren't worth anything monetarily. Now I'm just hoping that I can take the tax write off on the loss from purchase price and also what I had to pay to get rid of it. Good luck to all of you out there. If anyone is going to file a class action, please let me know as paying that money really hurt. It's on my credit card for a while.