Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

I have just arrived home from Mexico, where I had a big time at Mayan Palace. Actually it was supposed to be an all-inclusive package in Ocean Breeze, but turns out it was closed, and we ended up at Mayan Palace. Unfortunately, it was part of the contract to take part of this "90 minutes" presentation, where we were supposed to have a view of the hotel. This idea looked weird, but as it was stated as mandatory and I agreed with that, nothing to complain about, and the rain helped us to accept our fate that day. Well, the whole story you already know, the ambush was set to catch the easy prey. Fortunately, a feeling of information asymmetry arose, after asking for information over and over and get it in small amounts, and even considering all the pieces of information I had at the moment, trying to figure that situation as a real opportunity, I finally declined all the offers, when the suspiciosness of the situation got clearer and clearer. The interesting part is that one of the sales rep (4 of them were involved in the process) worked as an actress in my country, taking part in plays and videoclips (some available in youtube) before going to Mexico acting in order to get her comissions. More than adequate, don't you think? I intend to write down my whole experience in my native language, because unlike US or Canadian citizens, we are not so familiar with the timeshare concept, and I think I should spread the word about this scam.