Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

[Q=clintonb12] Well there is nothing like ringing in the year with some humble pie. Went to the Grand Mayan resort for the short tour. 6 hours later we thought we had made an informed decision. We were wrong. The list of sites they claim sell your site for you have no website traffics, ie no one goes there but a few scammed people like me. Here is the interesting part in figuring how how to Get out of this contract. The good news is we are on day one of the 5 day period so we can get this done but still. I called the credit card company and if I send the cancellation letter, copy of contract showing the date and the certified mail receipt they will dispute on my behalf. When we read the contract in its entirety it was very different from their explanation of what it really said. Will post how this ends up but in the contract we are given two options, the first is to return to the resort and get them to sign. Okay fool me once, lots on here of people being ignore day. The second option is registered mail and a cancellation letter, many thanks to the sites with sample cancellation letters. Avoid he to good to be true options, the most likely are.[/Q] As Don stated ..... make sure you send the rescission notice by certified mail with return receipt ..... it's the United States Post Office stamped time on the letter that counts .... not when the resort receives it. You were very smart to go to the internet to research concerning your purchase.