Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Did he or someone in his office cold call you? That's a red flag as well as the upfront fee of course. Every attorney I know thinks cold calling is an ethically reprehensible practice for a law firm to utilize (also, possibly illegal in certain states). It appears as though he has filed a suit against Wyndham, which you can see here: http://timesharelegalaction.com/wyndham-timeshare-owners-lawsuit.php As someone who grew up around attorneys I avoid what I like to call "bus bench attorneys", which is what he appears to be. I think you should browse Redweek for your other possible options, maybe speak with some of the veteran posters about options that won't cost you anything. You can contact your resort as well, some resorts do have buyback programs. Based on principle though I can't tell you it's a good idea to pay him even though there's no negative information. He does appear to have a longstanding clean record in the areas of law and real estate. [Q=susani67] His CA State Bar Association and his CA Real Estate Brokers licenses are both clean - no complaints lodged. His retainer retainer asks for a flat fee of $750, refundable if he cannot get you out of your timeshare. With all that's going on with timeshares, I'm still nervous about hiring him. There's no mention of him in any of the forums that I've found so far.[/Q]