Report Abuse

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

[Q=kathyv27] I would like to deed back my Wyndham of Cypress Palms resort in Orlando. Do you have any idea of the address where I would send my letter to ask if they would deed back my timeshare? What should I say in my letter to hopefully get them to take back the timeshare. Thank You.[/Q] I would contact the resort's Home Owners' Association (HOA). Do not ask some receptionist on the phone as he would not have the authority. Remember, some resorts will take a deed back and others won't. Sometimes they will say "Yes" today but "No" next month so don't give up trying. Also remember that some resorts' HOAs will take the deed back if you agree to pay closing costs and perhaps the next maintenance fee. One thing you might want to mention in your letter is that, come hell or high water, you're going to get rid of your timeshare so it would be in the best interests of the HOA to accept the deed back amicably rather than go through the process of foreclosure. Just watch out for the many scams and shady operations out there that claim they will "cancel" your timeshare if you pay them an upfront fee.