Report Abuse

Looking to Rid Myself of Diamond Resorts

[Q=brianq18] CAN ANYONE HELP !! my first time on red week. it was recommended by timeshare answers.com. my in-laws urchased 2 one bedroom units @ world golf villas in st. augustine...20 years ago..no mortgage anymore she spents 1,300 in maintanence. she doesn't want it...my wife and i don't want it....could you please help recommend a newbie to this timeshare madness ? this timeshare thing sounded great to my father-in-law 20 yrs ago..but he's dead 10 years now..and the bluegreen units have sat empty 17 out of the 20 years..my family and i used it for outside of disney world and didnt like the resort we stayed at. can we just not pay next year's maintanence and walk away ? i'm concerned how this might effect her credit. thank you in advance for your help/comments/advice.....brian quinn[/Q] If she merely wants to rid herself of ownership you could suggest that she place an ad in Redweek's Bargain Resales to give it away and offer to pay closing cost: http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales Also, depending on your mother-in-law's age .... if she isn't planning on purchasing something on credit or finding a job, then her credit rating shouldn't make a difference one way or the other.