Report Abuse

My experience with Marriott's buy-back programs

I own (paid in full). the 52-week (New Years' Eve) Platium Plus 3-Bdrm Timeshare @ the Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas. Because I wanted to maintain control, I did not convert to the points program. I own 2-week(s), I can break up, and rent the 2-Bdrm or 1-Bdrm. I usually deposit with Interval, I get more vacations. I'm tired of the annual maintenance fee increaes, I've tired (unsuccessfully)to sell it. Marriott has offered to buy it back, but not the 46K they currently sell it for 46K. Marriot has offered me 12K. Marriott is not interested in reducing the fees, or helping me, they want it back so they can rent the week(s) @ the premium on New Years' Week. I want to sell it, but not @ 12K......I do intend sell it....Any suggestions ? [Q=kyliec] First in a series of resale articles from RedWeek is now available - give it a read & let us know what you think: [url]http://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/timeshare-resales-arda-predictions[/url] Do you have experience with any major developers' buy-back programs?[/Q]