Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Just a heads up. My wife and I are pretty good at going to these presentations and walking away with what they promise. The Vida properties gave us $500USD but in Pesos so a little less in USD, taxi and a free breakfast which was awesome. They brought the price of the timeshare down to 9500.00 by the time we walked out of there. The best way is to tell them that you're in a lot of debt and taking new debt at this time can't be done and that it's a matter of timing in your financial life. Tell them you have a baby or something on the way and you need to save everything you can for that event. Weddings for children work well too, even if you don't have kids. Typically you'll get an invitation to attend from someone which will outline the compensation. When you arrive at the timeshare, someone will copy those items to another paper. Make sure that it is word for word. This will get copied about 2-3 times so make sure it is very specific. I didn't think they were very hard in trying to make the sale but then again, I'm a sales guy and have a pretty good idea of the BS when I hear it. My wife and I hit 3 presentations while in PV and walked away with $750USD and 3 Vallerta Adventure excursions. You can negotiate with the guys signing you up so make sure you get everything you can out of them. I typically tell the guys signing me up that I'm interested but not for what they are giving. They'll up the ante and you can walk away with some decent stuff. We had a great time last week and nearly had a free trip while we were there. Enjoy!