Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Surf Club versus the Ocean Club

I am very concerned about how the new Marriott Destination Club will affect these properties. I have been buying resale units at great prices on here. Marriott has right of refusal and has waived each one, allowing me to purchase. How do they expect to get inventory for Destination Club users? I wish Marriott would buy some inventory for these folks and show more interest in the properties. I refused to convert my weeks to points for fear I would never get into Aruba. Has anyone traded a floating week in Aruba for Destination Club Points? Are you happy? I agree that the Ocean Club is starting to show age and I hope they raise the dues or have a special assessment to "gut" the units and refresh them. The popcorn ceilings, the orange peel texture on the walls, old ceiling fans, and rusting stairwells, at the Ocean Club need the costly work done. Also, the Sales Center rent needs to be quadrupled to pay for this if Marriott is going to continue to bug owners at properties which are sold-out.