Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=javag] I've owned for something over 10 years. I would like to understand what the person said when they said they walked away from the points. Also, the points vs the week. I was sold the week and it converted into points. I like points a LOT better. I can go for 2 days instead of a week, which is my norm. However, it's getting close to the end of the year and if the explanation is to pay for the points and walk away without using them, I need to know. Or what about paying and using half?[/Q] I walked away from my points with DRI... We paid 53,000 plus for 31,000 points, CASH.... Became so fed up with their lies and the never ending increases, we could not get reservations when we had the time to use them.. So we walked away, did not pay the assessment for the water incursion, was one of the founding members of the members group that later became COPP, which turned out to be a sell out... We had used all of the points that we paid fee's on and then paid the next years fee's when due... When we walked they refunded the fee's... Now I do not know why they would not keep doing that, after all they kept our $$$ 53,000 +