Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=bruceb306] [Q=michaeld41...was one of the founding members of the members group that later became COPP, which turned out to be a sell out... Michael, I was one of the "named plaintiffs" in the lawsuit. Between the COPP attorneys and the big buck judicial mediator I was led to believe that if we did not agree to the mediated settlement that the litigation could drag out for months or years, cost vast amounts of money and there was a good chance we would not gain anymore; or even lose the suit and wind up with nothing. I'm a retired healthcare professional, not an attorney. The advice of the lawyers and the mediator was to accept the settlement.[/Q] No settlement should have ever been agreed to until after the DISCOVERY PROCESS of a lawsuit, make them open their books, make them disclose their violations of the BY LAWS, the way they do business, expose the sales rhetoric vs the actual manner of the business operations, etc. There would have been an entirely different attitude on DRI's part had their internal workings been exposed, membership could have been solicited to testify at depositions etc... YES lawsuits could and are very expensive, if they were not prepared to go forward why file it at all...