Report Abuse

Re: Lack of response very annoying

I have often rented from or through Redweek, dealing directly with the actual owners. Sometimes we negotiate a better price and have let Redweek handle the exchange. Other times I have felt comfortable enough with the owner and been able to complete a confirmation with his timeshare customer service dept. to verify his ownership prior to any payment. I then send a small deposit to owner to verify my sincerity to rent. He then places my name as a confirmed guest at the timeshare for the week, which I also verify with a return call to customer service and get a printed email of my reservation. I then send balance of payment to owner. So far, absolutely no problem as the timeshare would notify me for my OK if they are notified by owner the timeshare is going to be sold or if owner tries to to remove my name at a later date. The timeshare conducts their own verification to make sure the owner is who he says he is and the owner gives their customer service dept. my name so I am able to verify ownership and can call back at anytime prior to my rental week. Another site I have used for renting only (NOT GOOD FOR BUYING OR SELLING a Unit) is http://www.timesharesonly.com/ the site where timeshares for sale and rent are listed. They are also called Vacations Only for the timeshare rental part of their company. They charge the owner I believe about 24% advertising rental fee. They collect the money from the renter and forward it on to the owner after contracts are signed by both sides. This could be great site to rent from if the owner is charging a low enough price with their fee included, if it is still lower than any other competing listing for the same timeshare date you want to rent. Worth at least checking into due to the large inventory. I found a unit at Divi Phoenix for Week 3 last week that was $500 less than the only other unit available on Redweek. I don't think I would list my site with timeshares only to rent out, due to their much higher cost and fees to owner, especially if you feel you could trust the renter to pay you directly. Lots of negatives with timeshares only regarding their sales listings and much higher prices and the listing tactics they use to get people to list their timeshares for sale, requiring they pay a $500 to $600 fee up front just to list. Many are given impression their timeshare week will immediately sell and that they can easily get a very high sale price so they list and according to complaints on many websites I researched, claim they never get a response from a potential buyer, even after dropping the price for years. All in all, Redweek seems to be the best fit for us. Never a problem, except for those that don't tell Redweek they rented their unit so they can avoid Redweeks low rental fee.