Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

[Q=robertr558] People are not making this stuff up. Maybe there are some happy DRI owners out there and you know them. I am not happy and many other people are not happy with the predacious business practices of DRI. My maintenance fee for my Diamond property is nearly three times what I pay for a comparable ownership. It has risen sharply since DRI took over. It is no longer worthwhile to pay $156 a night equivalent in maintenance fees. The money we paid for this timeshare is a complete loss. This is the truth. I believe that you are the one providing misinformation Charless345. [Q=charless345] There is always so much misinformation on this site as it pertains to DRI. I recognize that there are many unhappy owners here, but some of the responses are either downright inaccurate or partially untrue. I would advise folks to either go to Timeshare Users Group (tug2.net) or to Facebook to the Diamond Resorts Members page. The Facebook page has over 3000 OWNERS from across the world with some who are happy and some who are not happy. However, the information IS ACCURATE.[/Q][/Q] Yes, there are many happy owners out there as there are many unhappy owners. On our Facebook site it does all come out about DRI. There is the good, the bad and the ugly as it pertains to DRI. There are certainly aspects of the program that I do not like. I don't particularly care for the "updates", and I certainly don't like the annual maintenance fee increases. Plus, I find very little benefit from their membership "benefits". Often I can get those "benefits" cheaper by just paying for cash for them like the cruises. I get that. However, in most cases I can still get nice accommodations cheaper than hotel experiences. I usual travel during peak seasons as I am an educator. I have seen rates cheaper than DRI on booking.com, but those are usually during off peak seasons. DRI does something similar when it offers owners those specials with 50% and 75% off accommodations. I guess the other thing to me is that I read and hear about others' timeshares and they have similar concerns about increasing maintenance fees, availability and sales people's lack of scruples. My thoughts are that if you don't like your timeshare try and find a buyer or give it away or rent it or try and do whatever, but understand you bought it and use it to the best of your ability to your advantage.