Report Abuse

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

I would like to reply to the recent investigative story on the MC by Jeff Weir. My wife and I bought into the MC in 1997 preconstruction. As we lived on LI we thought it was a great deal a timeshare in NYC that we could use nightly rather then usual weekly use. We bought two weeks(a year apart) and enjoyed it very much definitely 5 star. Around 2002 we noticed that it was getting harder and harder to get the dates we wanted. Even calling in for a reservation exactly 9 months out we were told there was no availability and when questioned on this all the reservation dept said was sorry. As we were moving from NY in the fall of 2003 we decided that with the increasing maint. cost and the increasing unavailability of the days we wished to book even months out we would sell. And yes I did make an $11,000. profit (unheard of in TS sales). We sold at the MC asking price at that time. I sold one to a lady I met on the elevator and one through redweek. I am so glad I saw the light then because I would never have been able to sell now. The operators of the MC should be dealt with accordingly for the hardships that they have cause the owners to endure with the high purchase price, high maint. fee and the unavailability of units that they paid for.