Report Abuse

Re: Dream Travel Condos anyone?

In typical Tonya Williams Dream Travel fashion she attempts to deflect the real root cause for the issue. Tonya makes inference that I booked my travel with her company only looking to find a better deal as I got closer to the travel dates. Her lack of follow thru wound up costing me $500 more than what I had paid her. My family was put in a position to have to scramble around 4 days before our trip to secure another condo. I wound up getting the same type of unit at the same Marriott for $500 more than I paid Dream Travel. I got this done in a very professional manner with a company called Vacation Candy. I called Dream Travel 17 times to try and get in contact with Tonya so I could validate that I was indeed confirmed for my condo. Each and every time I called it went to voice mail and the voice mail was full so I could not leave a message. She did email me twice indicating I would have confirmation 14 days before my trip, then the second email said 7 to 14 days. The third and last email indicated that there was a "glitch" in the system and it would be another 48 hours to get confirmation. Vacation Candy did all of this within three hours of my first call. If I had been able to speak with Tonya to get reassurance or had there been any contact initiated by her then possibly I would have felt better about having accommodations for my family once I flew there with the 7 guest in my family. The continued lack of communication would make anybody nervous if they were making a trip out of the country. Additionally the fact that a business has their phone constantly go to voice mail and then that voice mail is full every time doesn't add any credibility to the business. I have found that there are other more reliable companies out there and I would encourage anyone looking for a vacation condo to do their due diligence. Just search the web under Tonya Williams and Dream Travel and you will see similar stories.