Report Abuse

Re: Yep...the El Cid deal was a bit of a scam.

[Q=kevink368] I have been reading all these negative comments regarding EL CID Resorts. I find this somewhat odd since I've owned a timeshare at this resort since the early 80's....I can honestly say if you become an owner at El Cid and you continue to stay at the various El Cid properties, you will be happy with the program.[/Q] It's probably a nice resort. I think the problem that most people have is with the sales people and the presentations. Many feel that they were not given what was promised in the sales presentation. The other difference between your experience(s) and those of other people is that you have the means and ability to travel to Mazatlan for several weeks of the year as well as spend lots of money on activities. If one has the means and ability to spend lots of time and money in Mazatlan and on activities, then your package sounds like a good deal. Many can only go one week and then, when they're there, spend a limited amount of money. By that path, whatever perks El Cid sells is not really worth it.