Report Abuse

Vida Vacations/ Vidanta Listed Rental Broker Arrested

I would not believe this whole story if it didn’t happen to me. I have posted here telling the story of how Vidanta’s sales people used deception and fraudulent sales tactics to induce me into purchasing something I would have otherwise not purchased. The amount of money they defrauded me out of (8,500+490 broker’s fee). My background is law enforcement and just walking away from what they did to me as well as countless others is just something that’s not in my DNA. Recently, I see that a broker (Resort Rentals Mexico) who is on the list they have been giving to unsuspecting consumers for years was arrested by the FBI for allegedly stealing identities, wire fraud and bank fraud, all multiple counts. http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/12/virginia-usa-timeshare-news-december-6-2014/ As I said my story is well documented here, I posted on Nov. 19, it was about how they use selling their timeshare as a path for Mexicans to gain US travel visas as well as guaranteed rental and resale. I also posted the rental list and there is Resort Rental Mexico with the top spot. I am appealing to Vidanta Ownership, Mr. Chavez and his son Ivan who has taken control of Vidanta since the retirement of his father to please end this charade sales has created immediately. It’s clear that this problem has been organized by sales, the list of brokers did not magically get into my contract materials. I did not create this problem, your sales team did and your continued silence in this matter can be viewed only as tacit approval. This is surely not what the Vidanta Brand is trying to communicate. As distasteful as refunding my hard earned money may seem to you, after a review of the facts I am sure you will conclude that it is the just thing to do. Nadine