Report Abuse

Re: Dream Travel Condos anyone?

I book a 3/2 condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort with Dream Tavel Condos llc in August 2014 for a May 2015 week long vacation. We payed her in full through paypal. We used a debit card as we try to pay cash instead of using a credit card. We knew we would not talk with her for many many months since we booked so far in advance. I have booked with her for the past three years and never had a problem. On Wednesday February 18 th 2015 I got a letter saying she had filed for bankruptcy. We called our bank and we had no protection or recourse because we paid through a debit card. We contacted paypal and because we were 19 days beyond their 180 day cut off to be able to even open a claim. We are out $1395.00 for our family vacation. We save all year to be able to go to Walt Disney World. Thank god we were not buying a package or anything that included theme park tickets or we would be out that money too. We were able to book through another company at the same resort but it costs more and we could not get a three bedroom so we had to get a 2 bedroom. We have contacted the FTC and filed a complaint and have written to the bankruptcy trustee so that we will not be " written off " in her bankruptcy. I am trying to organize a group of people who may be interested in hiring an attorney as a group to file a lawsuit against her. I am hopeful she is going to do some jail time for fraud. Do not book through her or give her any money.