Report Abuse

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

Dave- you seem very knowledgeable about TS's. I believe I have seen you post in a forum about Westgate. My TS is paid off just pay MF's. I called Westgate told them I can no longer pay and will not pay anymore. The offered me a Quit Deed Claim but I have to pay up front the TAF fee which they did reduce. It has to be done by credit care, check over phone or debit card. Is this just a scam to get $ ? I am very skeptical, they will not send form until the fee is first processed. They will not accept check that is mailed. [Q=davek194] jayjay please get your facts correct. Foreclosure due to non payment of a loan is NOT a foregone conclusion. It IS DEFINATELY one of the potential outcomes, but there are others such as a WDIL = warranty deed in lieu (of foreclosure). This basically forgives the outstanding loan and reverts the TS back to the owner. (NOT the same as a deed-back). It can result in a tax liability to the payee (in the US) depending on the amount foregiven and the current value of the property. Westgate (and SOME other TS owners) use this route as a means to avoid their costs associated with foreclosure since they don't report regular loan activities to the credit agencies as part of their normal course of business.[/Q]