Report Abuse

Re: Festiva buying Escapes

Yes. I called RCI to ask what the TPUs were for my weeks I wanted to bank, as I wasn't near a computer for online access. The consultant at RCI at first said she could tell me, stopped, then asked to put me on hold so she could speak to a supervisor. She returned and said she was unable to tell me the TPUs, I asked why not and she said I needed to call the resort and that the "resort could tell me". I told her the resort didn't know the TPUs as I had called them first. I said if I was at a computer, I could see the answer for myself in a few seconds, and I asked why she couldn't do the same thing for me, and she again just said that the resort would help me. That evening, I looked up the TPUs online, called the resort and asked them to bank the weeks. I asked them how long it would be before the process was completed and in my RCI account, and I was told that I would be able to see it in my account immediately. Again, I was surprised as it normally took a few days, sometimes a week, to be able to have the process completed. I looked at my RCI account, saw 2 "Bonus Weeks" instead of 2 TPU amounts. I called RCI again, asked what a Bonus Week was and why there were in my account instead of TPU amounts. I was told that Festiva was worked out their own resort trading policy with RCI and that for the former Escapes Travel Club units, Bonus weeks were given instead of TPUs. It feels like a throw back to the old system before the "faux points" system. I looked to see what the Bonus Weeks would get me in exchange, and if/how they limited my exchange capability. They seemed to allow good exchange opportunity, so it was OK. It was just a surprise to have a major change in the exchange routine implemented by RCI and Festiva without any notification. It seems this policy is only being used on the weeks that I have that were part of the former Escapes Travel Club, not the former Escapes fixed weeks or the float weeks. They still get TPUs assigned by RCI.