Report Abuse

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

We bought 2 timeshares. After going back to our room during the next couple of days, we found this review site and we got extremely concerned. Though we were informed (after we asked) if there was a recission period, there is within 5 business days. After reading the complaints, we got scared and decided to back out. On our way to the sales office, we ran into a couple who has used their Grand Mayan and upgraded as well and were very happy. We decided to return one and see if they gave us a bad time or would not honor it. We went right in and within 30 minutes we had the cancellation and the refund receipt in a very pleasant ..no hard sell manner at all! That was a test. We kept the other one HAPPILY. I may come back and repurchase in the future. I was fortunate that we had 2 so I could try the cancellation and still keep one if all went well. It did. It is sad there are so many bad reviews and just to keep things in balance, I am posting this to let others know that they did cancel mine with absolutely no problem and were so gracious about it. Maybe it is because I did it within the time period. I am looking forward to using the one we kept and see how it works...so far...so good!