Report Abuse

Re: NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE--Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure

Hello, I'm looking for advice from someone who has being through the same situation I'm currently facing or has knowledge on how to proceed. I have a Westgate Timeshare in Florida with a float week. I stopped paying a year ago, but have already paid more than $6,000 plus yearly fees. I still owe $7,000 including interests, last week I received a Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure from Westgate and was asked to pay them $1,000 as a processing fee. A letter was included with the Deed, the letter states that I need to pay them a fee of $1,000 and signed the Deed and after that they would release me from my obligations and all further liability, AND that my account would be closed and negative reporting will be withheld from the applicable credit agency. >>The QUESTION here is, that after reading the WDIL (Deed) it does NOT include a statement that mentions what I stated previously (that I will be released from obligations and liability as well as negative reporting). >>The second question is that, I read that Westgate is not a legal firm YET are requesting $1,000 to prepare legal papers themselves, this is not really legal. >>I called and told me that if I don't pay this $1,000 then they will send me to foreclosure. ---With these questions, how should I proceed? I'm worried if I pay them the $1,000 and sign the Deed, they will come back later to hunt me or report it on my credit since the actual LEGAL Deed does not specify that I'm free of obligations. I would appreciate ANY HELP!! Thank you!!!! P.S. When I signed the property I was 23, in Vegas, they offered us alcohol, offered something that was never promised, and during the 4 years I have "owned" the timeshare I was never able to book ANY vacation because they said they were already booked (trying to book with 9-6 months prior). Westgate is a TOTAL SCAM!!!!