Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I am happy to say that we finally found a way out of this hell hole after losing thousands to resale companies. My wife found an advocacy group that guided us in getting rid of our deed that was now nothing but a burden after years of rising assessment and maintenance fees. They did require a fee but was very minimal to what we paying in yearly maintenance fees. After paying thousands of dollars for about 30,000 points, we took it as terrible lost and deeded it back to them. The points system is the biggest scam that I have ever encountered I feel like is just what Bernie Madoff did. They are basically selling time and doing it in a way that should not be aloud. This may not be the case with everyone but seems to be pretty familiar pattern and based on the experiences my wife and I had. Best advice I would give is walk away from these crazy fees if you get the chance. If you are looking to get help I would contact the group TRN we worked with out of Portland, ME who was able to rid us of our deed with no risk. It took about 3 months but we are no longer owners which is all that matters now. We might have lost a lot of money in this damn timeshare but not being owners any longer is true bliss. Best of luck to those of you looking to cancel your contract, don't give up there is help.