Report Abuse

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

Terry -- The likelihood that Steve Cloobeck or anyone from DRI reads or even monitors this discussion is between zero and zero. Even if they did I would give the same odds about their having any interest in helping you. In order to sell something it must have a value. The value of your timeshare is zero. If you've read any of the numerous related discussions on RedWeek you would have noticed that people are unable to even give away their timeshares. Why is this? Simple: no one in their right mind wants to be contractually obligated to pay whatever maintenance fees and special assessments DRI (or any other timeshare management company) deems necessary (solely at their own discretion) for the rest of their life, whether they use it or not. The best you or anyone can do is to send a certified letter to your homeowner association informing them that you do not intend to either use your timeshare or pay the annual maintenance fees from this time forward, and that they can either take the deed back from you or spend a lot of money on attorney fees trying to collect from you. This has worked for some people, but not all. Don't be so naive as to think that anyone in the timeshare/"vacation ownership" industry cares about anything other than squeezing more money out of you -- least of all Steve Cloobeck. [Q=terryf174] Mr Cloobeck, My name is Terry Farris.. I own 3 timeshares, which were purchased.at Grand Beach, Orkando, Florida.... I have contacted them numerous times and have yet to get a reply from them. My timeshares are paid for , but if I want to sell them , I have purchase something else from you for 35,000.00 I want to sell them , not reinvest more money...I've been told that I can not sell them because they are deeded property. .. My husband and I purchased the properties and now my husband has passed away, and I want to sell the properties. .. Every time I call to speak with someone I am sent to their voice mail, and I leave my message for them to return my call before I go to work...WELL.. it never happens. .... I am tired of dealing with this....I want to sell the units and be rid of my headache. .... I'm sure that this will go unanswered also.... It seems that all anyone with the company cares about is how much money they can get from you...No one tries to help you..... Thank you, Terry Farris.[/Q]