Report Abuse

Re: Am Considering in joining RCI (points system)

This message is for carols725. This is my first time on forums so really I have no idea what I am doing or know who I am replying back to you. I am not computer savvy. Carols725 you seem very knowledgeable on the RCI and point system and renting out your timeshare. I own a timeshare at barefootin the keys in Florida for eight years and have never stayed in my own unit.we always just use points or pay cash for extra vacations and last calls through RCI and go where we want to go. I absolutely love the flexibility of booking through RCI and the flexibility of the points or cash options. We have had some awesome vacations. However the past two years or maintenance fees have gone up from 450 to 650 now taken over by diamond resorts and reading reviews they have a horrible reputation and fees are going to keep going up. This scares me to know end. I have just requested from diamond resorts to take my deed back last week as I'm concerned as to what maintenance fees might be in another five years. But it scares me just as much to think if I do I will be out of the RCI system. I just heard about red week.com yesterday and that i could possibly rent out my timeshare my week in Florida which is a week 22 to help pay my maintenance fees Though Florida is probably already flooded with timeshares to rent. If I could find a way to pay my maintenance fees I would probably not have a desire to sell my timeshare. You can't even find a bug infested hotel for 200 bucks a week anymore. Would love to talk to someone on the phone who knows the ins and outs of renting out a timeshare to possibly help pay my maintenance fees. I'm kind of in a time crunch as I should probably be hearing back from diamond resorts if they will take my deed back.I've heard from a few others on the forum where they have done it for a $250 transfer fee because they're up-to-date on their timeshare and mine is also paid off. I honestly do not want to sell my timeshare, I enjoy the flexibility with RCI and points so much, just looking for your opinion/experiences on renting out your timeshare through red week. Again I am brand-new to forums and don't even know how I get a reply back from you on this message. Thank you for your time