Report Abuse

Properties Exchange, Inc. / Epic Adventure

Hi William, My mother (Tennessee resident) was scammed by "Timeshare Transfers, LLC" as well. Her timeshare is located in Florida (where I reside and own a mortgage company) and they collected $1695 upfront (which is illegal in Florida) to transfer her timeshare. They recorded a Deed, however, the HOA did not accept the transfer because they would never provide information required to verify the buyer. I am not sure where your timeshare is located, but Florida has specific statutes pertaining to timeshare resale and they have violated several of them. I contacted DBPR (Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation), and they are not licensed to do business in Florida, nor do they have a Realtor or mortgage broker licence, which is also a requirement when dealing with timeshare resale. My mom thankfully paid with American Express and will hopefully get her money back through that avenue, however, I am taking the initiative to report them to every agency available. I would advise you to do the same...it is time consuming, but you may get your money back and help other people from falling victim. Please reply if you would like to know which agencies to report to...if your transfer was anything like my mom's, they are in clear violation of the Dodd Frank Act which is regulated by the federal government. I hope this is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.