Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone used HELP4TSO

[Q=chevillem]I am looking to get out of contract with BlueGreen Timeshare....I haven't even had it a year and twice I tried to use the get aways, but was unable to book anything.[/Q] If you do some research on the 'net, I believe there is a Blue Green group on Facebook (if you use FB) where you can come in contact with other BG users and owners. Some there might want to take your unit or steer you in the right direction of someone who wants to take it. You say you "haven't even had it a year", so I am wondering if the mortgage is paid off. If it is not, then you will likely not be able to give it away. No one wants to take on another unit with a mortgage owing on it So I suggest paying that off and then try advertising here on RedWeek that you want to give your unit away. Also try advertising on My Resort Network, Craigslist, E-Bay, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If you're serious about giving it away, you might want to advertise that you're willing to absorb the closing costs as well as the next maintenance fee. From your experience that you are describing, it sounds like these "getaways" that are promised are just sales presentations trying to wrench more money out of you. You could try to make good use of your ownership by just using the week that you purchased. They cannot turn you away or cancel your reservation for something you own. Anyway, I will repeat and emphasize, if you are looking to get rid of your ownership, do not pay any party a large, upfront fee to do so.